Missing one or more teeth can affect your appearance, along with your ability to eat and speak. If left untreated, tooth loss can lead to more serious consequences such as bone loss or oral infection.
Whether you’re missing a single tooth or an entire arch, Dr. Carley can use dental implants to restore the health, function, and appearance of your smile.
What are Dental Implants?
Tooth loss is so common that more than 120 million Americans are missing at least one tooth. With dental implants, we can give you the healthy, attractive smile you’ve been dreaming of.
Dental implants are a permanent, comfortable solution used to restore missing or damaged teeth. Using our advanced CEREC system, they’re custom-designed to seamlessly blend into your smile. Your new teeth will be indistinguishable from your natural ones.
This restoration option replaces missing teeth from the root to the crown. The implant attachment acts as a tooth’s root to secure your restoration through a process called osseointegration. This is when the implant fuses with your jawbone to create a stable foundation for the prosthetic tooth.
There are many advantages to dental implants compared to other treatments, including:
- Improves physical appearance
- Restores jawbone density
- Increases comfort and convenience
- Enhances ability to chew easily
Single & Multi-Tooth Replacement
Our single dental implant restorations are designed to permanently replace any missing teeth while restoring the natural fit and function to your smile. Made of biocompatible titanium, a dental implant fuses with your jawbone to provide long-lasting support for your beautiful new crown.
For patients missing several teeth, we offer implant-supported bridges to restore adjacent teeth. Unlike traditional bridges, these restorations use dental implants for support rather than depending on neighboring teeth. It’s the best option for optimal comfort and functionality.
Using CBCT digital imaging, our dental implants are engineered to function, look, and feel like natural teeth. We’ll create a 3D model of your smile which helps us design a treatment plan that offers a level of precision and comfort like never before.
If you’re missing a full arch or most of your teeth, we can restore them with our natural-looking and effective implant-supported dentures. This restorative treatment is a fantastic option for patients seeking a permanent, long-lasting solution.
Our full-arch replacements don’t require any adhesives to stay in place, so you don’t have to worry about your dentures sliding around. They’re designed to blend seamlessly with your smile and provide maximum comfort. Implant-supported dentures are:
- An affordable, cost-effective option
- Reliable and convenient
- Anchored to your jaw
Overdentures take the advantages of removable and fixed dentures, and combine them into one cost-effective restorative solution. Unlike traditional dentures, overdentures don’t require adhesives and are anchored in place using dental implants. This prevents them from sliding or slipping throughout the day, allowing you to live life on your own terms.
This natural-looking restoration uses just two to four dental implants for support to replace a full arch of missing teeth. Overdentures also:
- Support healthy jawbone density
- Help you eat and speak with ease
- Restore your confidence to smile
The Implant Process
Over the course of a few different appointments, Dr. Carley will discuss all your implant options and begin a plan for treatment. The steps of receiving your dental implants include:
- Your initial examination. We’ll provide an in-depth exam of your teeth and jawbone, and evaluate your individual needs. If implants are the best solution for your smile, we’ll start developing your personalized treatment plan.
- Creating an impression. Using CBCT technology, we’ll create a 3D model of your mouth to give us greater visibility. This’ll help Dr. Carley later when he’s crafting a seamless restoration to match your smile.
- Placing your fixture. Dr. Carley will make a small incision in your gum line to insert a titanium fixture. The incision will be sutured and covered with a temporary crown. After the surgery, you’ll be sent home to recover.
- Attaching an abutment. After your implant area has properly healed, we’ll attach a small piece called an abutment to your titanium fixture piece.
- Crafting your new tooth. While your implant area is healing, Dr. Carey will begin customizing your replacement tooth to perfectly match the shape, color, and texture of your real teeth.
- Securing the crown. The last step is for Dr. Carley to attach a beautiful porcelain crown to your abutment piece. Once this piece has been placed, you’ll be smiling with confidence again.
Visit Mountain and Sea Dental and Associates for Dental Implants
At Mountain and Sea Dental and Associations, we’ll personally work with you to find the best implant solution to fit your needs. With so many implant solutions, there’s no need to live with missing or damaged teeth.
If you want to learn more about our options, call our Santa Barbara office at 805-319-4958. If you’d like, we can also schedule you a free consultation with Dr. Carley so he can explain the implant process in detail. Get back on the path to the smile of your dreams with dental implants from Mountain and Sea Dental and Associates.